PC Infected, will not cooperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello; I am using Windows XP. I got a virus "Warning 26 viruses found your PC may be infected." I went to the internet and downloaded several virus removal tools. My PC will not let me do ctrl alt delete. I tried several keyboards but the same thing happens. When I try to install the software, the hour glass comes up for 1 sec and just dissapears. No matter what I do I can not install any software or go to the task manager to stop the processes. I even tried in safe mode with no success.

Please Help!!!!

First, you learned a hard lesson many people have had to learn and that is the "Warning 26 viruses found your PC may be infected" and then leads you to install removers are in themselves infections. In other words, the warning is itself false and the removal tools are actually infections.

Go to the Virus and Malware removal forum here at TechSpot. Read the Updated 8 Step sticky and follow the instructions as given -- don't skip any steps. Then when you have finished post on that forum with the required Logs attached -- it is very important to have the logs.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back