PC is dying! I'm a novice please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I hope someone can help me. My pc keeps detecting a virus (both McAfee and AVG free) called a .Pake or something?

Also my task manager will not open, i can the green icon in the task bar but the actual console never appears. Also the pc regularly crashes! Also its not letting me run my AV software! Also I cant get into Safe mode, it just starts loading then auto reboots the pc!

I hope someone can help, just telling me where to start would be great! I dont have an XP cd as i bought it off a friend.

Cheers,

Dan

If you have any important data on board, now's the time to save it! when your data is safe, uninstall your anti virus, install avast anti virus and let it perform a pre boot scan,

If the damage cannot be undone, then the best thing to do is to format your hard drive and reinstall windows, good luck!

Also, before reformatting, check out our Virus and Malware removal forum. Read the Updated 8 Step sticky and follow all the steps as given and then on that forum post there with the three required logs.

Good luck.

Also ditch McAfee and go with vega's suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back