PC Overhaul, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest these parts instead of the ones you've chosen:
The PSU delivers more power than the Thermaltake one for about the same price, after the rebate. Also, the RAM is much cheaper after the rebate, which Corsair is known to honor. Lastly, the CPU is identical to and costs exactly the same as a regular X2 5000+, but comes with an unlocked multiplier for OCing. Not a bad thing to have IMO, especially when it doesn't cost you extra. The card is a good choice though.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Tmagic650 said:
I would go with Intel but if you must... Good luck :cool:
I find that the AMD Processors and motherboards are extremely cheap, they also have good stock fans so I don't have to worry about those stupid pushpins. I don't feel like getting another mobo as I am already spending enough.

Those stupid pushpins don't have to be bothered with if you purchase a good 3rd party Intel CPU cooler

Tmagic650 said:
Those stupid pushpins don't have to be bothered with if you purchase a good 3rd party Intel CPU cooler

Well, believe it or not this is around the max I can drop down at the moment on this upgrade, and I don't fell like reinstalling everything or changing mobos.

OK, so...

I'll use the Black Edition and the Corsair PSU...

I'll see how it works then!

Good luck Obi-Wan Jerkobi,
I just upgraded my system with new motherboard, 4GB memory, and a XFX Gforce 8600GT, and sound card (see specs)

Sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back