PC problems

Hey, Im looking for some help regarding my pc and csgo. for a few months my csgo have randomly started getting chopy sometimes. It happens every other round and can be all from 1 to 10 seconds. It feels like I'm on 10 fps or low hz on the monitor even tho I got around 300 fps. Theres no change in the net graph at all and ping is the same. I reinstalled windows fresh today and same thing is happening. Its only happening on csgo and no other games, but csgo is the only game I have on my SSD. I've tried the game on my HDD aswell but still the same problem.

What video card are you using? Have you researched to see if this a CSGO issue?
Im using a 2080 super. Changed from a 970 few months ago and the problem was there before I changed it so its not GPU related. Yeah I've been searching on everything I can think about for it and haven't found anything. No errors, no fps/loss/choke/ping related at all. Reinstalled windows fresh several time and nothing have fixed it. Resetted my bios settings. Change from my SSD to HDD since CSGO and windows was the only thing I had on my SSD I thought that could have been it but still had the problem. Running out of ideas of what it can be since everything else runs without problems

Wow that is one weird issue. (I am still running my GTX 970 and so I am jealous of your 2080 Super!) Anyway this seems to be a very real problem with this game for many. This is from 2 years ago:

This from 5 years ago: https://www.hltv.org/forums/threads/888675/csgo-freezes-for-05-1-second-randomly

There are a lot more examples. As I read them I believe it has nothing to do with your hardware, etc. This could very well be a deep coding issue of the game itself because for at least the last 5 years on systems running all kinds of configurations players experience what you've experienced.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. If you ever do figure it out let us know.

Im using a 2080 super. Changed from a 970 few months ago and the problem was there before I changed it so its not GPU related. Yeah I've been searching on everything I can think about for it and haven't found anything. No errors, no fps/loss/choke/ping related at all. Reinstalled windows fresh several time and nothing have fixed it. Resetted my bios settings. Change from my SSD to HDD since CSGO and windows was the only thing I had on my SSD I thought that could have been it but still had the problem. Running out of ideas of what it can be since everything else runs without problems

This site will walk you through a lot of fixes, do one at a time and restart the PC when it says to. Work your way through & see if you can make any progress.. I've seen this before and it can be a LOT of work to get it working right. First, you should load the BIOS and hit "load setup defaults" - then save and restart. That will reset the basic hardware configuration to the factory defaults, something may have been changed.

Here: https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-csgo-crashes-freezes-and-black-screen-issues/
I hope you haven't been to that site already, this is a CSGO problem it's probably not Windows. Good luck!

This site will walk you through a lot of fixes, do one at a time and restart the PC when it says to. Work your way through & see if you can make any progress.. I've seen this before and it can be a LOT of work to get it working right. First, you should load the BIOS and hit "load setup defaults" - then save and restart. That will reset the basic hardware configuration to the factory defaults, something may have been changed.

Here: https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-csgo-crashes-freezes-and-black-screen-issues/
I hope you haven't been to that site already, this is a CSGO problem it's probably not Windows. Good luck!
Thank you very much, will definitely do that!. Yeah its wierd since everything else works without problems and that I had this pc for years without any problems and then randomly few months ago this started happening

Wow that is one weird issue. (I am still running my GTX 970 and so I am jealous of your 2080 Super!) Anyway this seems to be a very real problem with this game for many. This is from 2 years ago:

This from 5 years ago: https://www.hltv.org/forums/threads/888675/csgo-freezes-for-05-1-second-randomly

There are a lot more examples. As I read them I believe it has nothing to do with your hardware, etc. This could very well be a deep coding issue of the game itself because for at least the last 5 years on systems running all kinds of configurations players experience what you've experienced.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. If you ever do figure it out let us know.
Yeah the source engine is very old and really badly optimized for modern pcs. Just weird that it randomly started to happen after playing cs for years without problems. Will reply if I found something that solves it!

Back