PC Randomly Freezes

DaFroginator101

Hi. My PC randomly freezes and the only way to power it off is via the PSU switch. I did SFC scans and swapped out the old RAM with new one but it still freezes. I also scanned for viruses and ran CCleaner. I don't get any errors at all, it just freezes. I'm completely stumped, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
smile.gif

PC Specs:
GPU: EVGA GTX 650 1GB
CPU: Intel E5400 @ 2.7Ghz
RAM: 2.50 GB
Motherboard: ASROCK G31M-GS R2.0
PSU: ThermalTake TR2 600W
HDD: WD 160 GB

Nothing is overclocked.

I have had the same issue before when I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 on one of my machines. I got random computer freezes and hangs. I installed all necessary windows updates and updated the devices drivers but the problem still persists until when I tried to clock down my RAM settings in BIOS and the issue have been resolved so far.

I have had the same issue before when I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 on one of my machines. I got random computer freezes and hangs. I installed all necessary windows updates and updated the devices drivers but the problem still persists until when I tried to clock down my RAM settings in BIOS and the issue have been resolved so far.

How did you clock down your RAM settings?

How did you clock down your RAM settings?
Go to your system BIOS. under Advanced>Chipset Configuration>Dram Frequency. If it is set to AUTO then try to change it with the supported appropriate RAM frequencies [333MHz (DDRII667)] and [400MHz (DDRII800)].

Have you installed any new software lately.? Have you install any new drivers? What Anti virus program are you using?

Hey. Turns out the system registry got corrupted so I had to reinstall Windows. It works now but thanks for the help. [Solved]

Well that repair guy didn't know **** lol. Still froze with new Windows. Bought new HDD, still froze. So I bought a combo of an AMD motherboard, AMD processor and DDR3 RAM. (My first AMD setup :D) So everything is fine...since I just bought a new part for everything. x.x :) Just keeping you guys in the loop. It was most likely one of those 3. (Leaning more towards motherboard, since its my 3-4th motherboard purchase.

Have to agree think it was the motherboard. Any way good luck with your new build.(y)

Thanks for posting back.

Back