PC reboot while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paco75

Hi,

Since the beggining of this summer's hot temperatures my PC reboot 1-3 minutes after i start play World of Warcraft...

Here is what i got :

Processor = AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.1 ghz
Motherboard = Asus A7V
Power supply = 300w ATX
Cooler = Internal Ballbearing secondary cooler

I installed MBM 5 to monitor my PC temperatures and it tells me my processor is 54 Celsius and Case is 32 Celsius!

please, help!

Gotta love them thunderbirds....

Thunderbirds got a heating problem, if I got it right. But 54C is not high, assuming that what its at when you're playing WoW. Try some other program to load your CPU. I use toast (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Toast_d867.html) but I'm sure there are better programs out there to do the same thing. With toast you might need to run a couple of them to fully load the CPU. Try running a couple of those with your mbm for about 10-15 mins and note the highest temp. This would be your usual temp when you're running games. If it reaches anywhere near 70C, you'd better get a good heatsink to deal with that temperature problem.

I Tried Toast and the CPU temperature i got is 60 Celsius...but even if it dosent go over 70 i really think its a heat problem because tonight tempereature dropped a lot and my PC dont crash anymore!

Do you have any product recommendation to cooldown my CPU?

thanks

Cheapest way is probably to get more casing fans (usual size 80mm, most casings can take at least 1 120mm fan). Try to optimise the airflow, plan the inhales and exhales, this will reduce pc temp without spending money. This will reduce temps of everything in your comp.

Cooling your CPU directly, there is a whole lot of heatsinks and fans out there. I don't know exactly what you'd need, since most of my knowledge on heatsinks are for Athlons and P4s. Maybe someone else can help you there. The best (IMO) heatsinks out there which might be compatible are the Thermalright XP90, Thermaltake Silent Tower, Thermaltake Pipe101. Maybe they're not the best out there, but you'd be strained to look for better ones. Don't forget these are just heatsinks, you'd need fans to go with that. I'm currently using a Thermaltake UFO, and although I really like it, I think you might be better off with a 120mm fan. Check beforehand if it fits the heatsink (shouldn't be able to fit the standard heatsink), but if it won't fit, there are always 120mm to 80mm adapters out there.

those will cost a little....

The ebst solution you can get is watercooling, but I got a feeling we don't have to go into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back