PC reboots after I launch WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i have been playing WOW (World of Warcraft) for nearly 2 years now never had an issue till last week after there 2.4.3 Patch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was glitching when i played wow and had lots of lagging in GM-tech told me to update my drivers to newest version and then play!

So i did i DL these and installed them.
(www)game.amd.(com)/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp
And everything was ok, played City of Hero's for an hour shut down and ate dinner with wife next morning started up WOW and got to the login screen PC rebooted!

Only does this on WOW and they have not responded to my 1000000 emails.
I scaned fragmented cleared cache nothing wow still crashes... :(

So i rolled back the drivers from "ATI Catalyst™ 8.8 Display Driver for Windows XP Professional/Home Edition"
to the default ones i got on the cd 6.1 i think...

My Specs:
Windows XP, Home 2002 SP2
AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.99 GHz 2.00GB ram
ATI RADEON 9600 SERIES (AGP) slot
WD-120 GIG HD

Sounds like an issue with the game and your computer software, I've never played WOW so I can't help you much there, however I will run you through a few ways to eliminate hardware problems. First, download Speedfan from here (www.almico.com/sfdownload.php), install it and monitor the temps as WOW loads up to the login screen. Take note of the different temps that appear and then post back here. Second, download MemTest86 from here (http://www.memtest86.com/) and burn the ISO to CD/DVD and boot from it using BIOS. Let it run for at least a few hours, though its best to leave it run overnight to let it pick up any possible errors. Write down any errors and post them here.
Cheers
Hynesy :wave:

Update, i took it to a PC place they said it's a kernel error, but not how to fix it...

To recap, i turned off auto restart and i got this:
STOP: 0x00007F, 0x00000D, 00000000, 00000000, 000000

I also installed that fan thing, temp really did not go up a lot when wow started.

Before WOW:
Temp 1 20C
Temp 2 29C
Temp 3 16C
HD0 12C

It kept changing a lot up by 3 down by 5 so on...

After WOW:
Temp 1 24C
Temp 2 31C
Temp 3 22C
HD0 16C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back