PC restarting randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed another thread just got resolved but didn't want to hijack it....

I'm getting random restarts generally only while playing a game....
Just upgraded my video card to a Nvidia 9600 GT OC, and at same time got a new PSU (650 watt) to power the new vid card.....

not getting any warning, monitor just goes black (no signal).....meanwhile the computer stays on, Power button still lit up....and I need to hold the power button down as if I was powering down the computer without shutting down windows.....computer starts up just fine directly afterwards, no problems untill I once again try to play a game, sometimes I can play for hours on end with no problems, sometimes a matter of seconds.....

In trying to combat this, I have run ad-aware, AVG, updated vid drivers, AND Bios......it does not appear that my motherboard has a temperature gauge which is powering down my system, as I can't find any temperature readings in the Bios......any help would be appreciated.....if you need more definitive specs of computer, let me know a good program to get a list of them for you.

"if you need more definitive specs of computer, let me know a good program to get a list of them for you"...

Yes, please... "Everest" from Major Geeks is good for this

Tried to post the report here, but kept saying it was too long :p.... will just attach a text file of the report

(Sorry for the Danish titles, Bought the computer in denmark when I was living there :p havn't figured out if I can change the language to english :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back