PC restarts in normal mode after 5 minutes but ok in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidsrelics

ive ran norton and malwarebytes scans and found nothing, only able to complete full scans in safe mode due to normal mode restarting before scan can finish. also had windows internet exp. message earlier that read staxk overflow at line:1520. any ideas?

Often (but not always) being able to run in Safe Mode but not Normal is a good sign that there is a driver issue.

For clarification, are you saying that you did get a Blue Screen or two? If so please attach your minidump files in your next post.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Is this what you needed?

Attachments

• Mini021610-08.dmp
    134.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Mini021610-07.dmp
    134.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini021610-06.dmp
    134.8 KB · Views: 1
Heres some more.

Attachments

• Mini021610-05.dmp
    134.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini021610-04.dmp
    134.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini021610-03.dmp
    130.8 KB · Views: 2
Okay, only one minidump cited anything that is definitive as the cause of your problems but it is helpful.

All but one error are 0x50 and these can be caused by internet security software.

The driver cited is Bhdrvx86.sys which is a Norton/Symantec driver which engages as soon as you boot up which helps explain your issue.

Many people have had issues with this driver and many, many people experience issues with Norton.

* First update your Norton and tell us if that helps.

didnt work found Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021710-14.dmp
C:\Users\computer\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-62618-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\computer\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9F4A.tmp.version.txt

Another 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

No probable cause was defined.

So the next step is four fold:

a. Go to Norton's website and download their Removal Tool to your desktop for your software version.

b. Uninstall Norton.

c. Now use their Removal Tool. Norton is notorious for leaving remnants of itself behind and their leftover drivers can cause system crashes. It is such an issue that Norton had to create this tool in order for customers to properly remove.

d. Now reinstall Norton and update it.

* Get back to us with the results.

i just restored my pc to factory condition, and reloaded what i needed. ty so much for your help. thats stuff is to confussing for me. ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back