PC Restarts - problem appears to be SQL Server 2005 & BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a really annoying PC problem that appears to be caused by Business Contact Manager and Outlook 2007. With Outlook running in the background, I could be working with Word, Excel (or any other application) when suddenly the PC freezes and then I get the black restart screen.

By right clicking on My Computer and then selecting the Event Viewer / Application, I can see the events leading up to the restart - it's always the same sequence i.e. a number of entries made by MSSQL$MSSMLBIZ with messages like "datbase mirroring transport is disabled or not configure" and "The Service Broker protocol transport is disabled or not configured". However, getting help from Microsoft to resolve this MS Software problem is very difficult - they appear to want £199 + VAT to answer my emails!

Can anyone here help?

Thanks,
Derek

Thanks jobeard, already installed this update.

I've been looking for a solution to this problem for the last month or so and I'm amazed at how difficult it is to resolve. SQL Server 2005 is very complex and there's really very few easy to digest setup guides out there for non-software people. Makes me think MS should never have released it in this form and having done so I'm annoyed that they won't take responsibility for it with proper support.

Truth is jobeard, I don't want to access an SQL server, I just want to use my PC without it crashing!

It's only the error logs that are pointing me to SQL Server 2005, the system keeps generating the same the same messages just before the crash: 'Service Broker protocol transport is disabled or not configured' 'The Database Mirroring protocol transport is diabled or not configured' 'Service Broker manager has started' 'The Windows Search Service started' ..... that's the last message before the restart.

When I click on the errors to go to the MS Help and Support Center to get more information (according to the error link) the message displayed by the MS site is "sorry, no results were found for your query" (and this applies to all error messages - not very helpful, ms!)

Until I installed BCM I hadn't seen any reference to SQL 2005 and my PC was rock stable, you line'n learn.

Derek

use run-> enter services.msc

find the SQL service and STOP it and DISABLE startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back