PC restarts when I try to play some games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's been some time since I last played oblivion (3 years to be exact), and I wanted to play it again, installed it normally blablabla, but whenever I try to play it, the game restarts on the loading screen before the intro/main menu...

I changed the stuff on My Computer so that I could see the crash screen before the restart, and it was:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x0000005, 0xF6FA7017, 0xA73093c0, 0x000000)
SMSENS.SYS - Address F6FA7017 base at F6F91000, DateStamp 3c93ac23

last time I played it, was on the same pc (I changed the graphics card since then, gonna post it on the specs)
Pentium 4, 2 Ghz, 512mb RAM DDR1 (I reckon that this is the source of the problem),
ATI RADEON X1650 (was GeForce FX5200 on 2005)

if the problem is on the RAM, I can easily buy 1GB for some cheap price on my city, but I can't know it, just help me, dunno what's happening :p
also, after I changed the video card (last year) I just played games that didn't need a lot of prereqs, like WoW, neverwinter nights and dota too :p
before changing it I could play oblivion with some low fps...

SMSENS.SYS is related to the SoundMax audio chip your motherboard may have. You probably have out of date drivers. Download the newest audio, video and motherboard chipset drivers for your system. Uninstall the old drivers before you install the new ones. Putting in 2 gigs of RAM will work wonders too.

thx man, gonna try updating the sound card, since that my video card is already up to date and gonna post the results here

EDIT: well, thx pal, now that I updated my sound card I can play it without that crash screen =D

thx again \o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back