1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Upgrades

By KoalaProdigy · 8 replies
Aug 30, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I am new to the community and joined hoping I could find helps on my gaming pc (first build). I got this pc last December and have been using since. I play many games but the current I am playing is Fortnite. The problem I have is that I feel my pc is underperforming, I have a gtx MSI 1070 ti and I am only getting 120 frames (max) or less in most situations. (Sometimes overclocked). I don’t know if this is a GPU problem or something else but I would be thankful if you could suggest any upgrades or solutions to getting higher fps for games. (I have a 144hz monitor) https://pcpartpicker.com/user/oProdigy/saved/#view=DHMgJx
    Thank you for your time,

2. neeyik

neeyik TS Guru Posts: 286   +246

What CPU does your system have and what resolution do you play Fortnite at?

3. KoalaProdigy

KoalaProdigy TS Rookie Topic Starter

The CPU my pc has is a AMD Ryzen 5 2600x and I usually play fortnite at 1680 x 1050 res

4. neeyik

5. KoalaProdigy

6. neeyik

Hmm, then that does seem a little low. What other settings are you running with in Fortnite - for example, what do you get if you set it to the following:

[​IMG]

In your case, the resolution would be 1680 x 1050.

7. KoalaProdigy

Actually I use all low settings but medium anti-aliasing and medium textures but I will try the settings shown

8. KoalaProdigy

I tested the new settings and could see a difference in FPS from my previous settings

9. neeyik

Could or couldn't? If it's the latter, then it's worth checking the temperatures of your CPU and GPU, to make sure that they're not running at less-than-ideal clock speeds. Another thing to consider is that Ryzen chips are somewhat sensitive to RAM speeds/timings - it's at its best when paired with two DIMMs of DDR4 at 3200MHz, that can run with low timings (e.g. CL16 or 15).

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...