PC will not power up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I just recently had my computer stop powering up. I have tried 2 different power supplies and they don't seem to change anything (original power supply is Antec True430). I tried a different switch from another case and that didn't do anything (also tried shorting the power switch jumper on motherboard with no success). I am assuming that the problem is in the motherboard (ASUS CUSL2). I did strike the side panel to open it (was stuck) and it came on, but after shutting down, it hasn't booted again. Just wanted another opinion before I go on eBay and find a replacement motherboard (maybe ASUS CUV4X or Biostar MV6LQ...). Thanks in advance.

HI Im New

I am new here and am having a problem with a Dell. It was fine yesterday. Will not turn on today. The light on the computer and on the monitor is yellow.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I am NOT a computer person.
Thanks

TerribleOne:

Are you sure that you have both the main power connector as well as the secondary power connector (generally a 4-pin square connector)?

I would try to reseat everything, especially the RAM and CPU. If you still get no response, I would take the motherboard, RAM, CPU and PSU out of the case and try to get a response from it there. If you still get nothing, it's probably your motherboard.

lindi143:

You should start your own thread, but, start by buying or borrowing a known-working PSU.

Zenosincks said:
TerribleOne:

Are you sure that you have both the main power connector as well as the secondary power connector (generally a 4-pin square connector)?

I would try to reseat everything, especially the RAM and CPU. If you still get no response, I would take the motherboard, RAM, CPU and PSU out of the case and try to get a response from it there. If you still get nothing, it's probably your motherboard.

My motherboard doesn't have a 4-pin connector on it. Just the ATX power connector. I've had to reseat the CPU a couple times and have tried another processor just in case the Coppermine -> Tualatin converter was bad (tried with Tualatin 1133 processor with converter and Coppermine 800 processor without converter). Ram is only 1 stick, so reseated that a few times with no change. I've taken everything out of the case and just had it on my desk and still no power up. The motherboard power LED does come on when power is connected, but just no response from the switch.

Thanks

In regard to making my own post, this website is hard to understand. I tried but could not find out how to post a new thread so did it the only way I could get it to work. As I stated, I am not a computer person and an just looking for a little help. I appreciate what little was put forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back