PC won't boot up

Hi guys. Firstly, I'm new at this so if you guys don't mind, try to explain stuff to me as simply as possible, thanks.

It occurred when I restarted my PC recently. Whenever I boot it up, I am led to a screen of the motherboard which tells me to either press Del to run setup or Tab to view the BIOS Post message. I get a blue screen when I try to load it up in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe mode with command prompt, last good configuration and start windows normally. The PC then proceeds to restart itself.

So far the only way that I've managed to get it to work has been to select my boot up device and choose one of my boot devices. The others give me a blue screen.

I don't really understand much so your help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

It is possible that a little "button" battery has failed on the motherboard or the hard drive is going bad. Are you able to check these yourself, or can you have a computer savvy friend or computer repair shop look at this for you? What is this computer, a laptop or desktop?

Hi, thanks for the reply.I'm using a desktop and I'm asking my tech savvy friend to come over to take a look at it but I'm wondering if I could do anything in the mean time.

"I don't really understand much so your help would be really appreciated"... I did give you some hints on what could be wrong. What do you think you could do in the mean time?

Back