PC won't boot with new HDD

subflex8

Hey guys I just made an account so if I posted this in the wrong place please forgive me but my computer had a faulty hdd. I got a new one and put the new hdd in. when I was getting ready to put windows 7 on it with a flash drive, it said that the setup could not create a new system partition. so I read alil bit and someone said to format the hdd in the set up. so I did that and then the set up said that it could not find drivers or something.. I tried restarting my pc but it wont boot passed the screan that allows me to choose options like "choose boot. etc.." my guess is that I need the bios os the pc to assign drivers to the hdd and other components because I cant do anything at the screen it stops at. I cant hit F2 or esc or anything for that matter. if someone could help me out id really appreciate it

Well I can get the instal working now but my hdd won't show up. It says that drivers are not installed. I checked the sata's in the bios and it says there isn't anything connected everything is hooked up right, I'm at a loss..

You put a new HDD in ? You probably connected it wrongly. If it is not seen by the bios, try to find out why not, as you will get nowhere until it is seen.

'st Sara isn't installed'?? what is it talking about? Can you tell us exactly what the message says? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

You should check the drive by plugging into another PC to discover if the drive is working, by observing what the (other) bios describes it as. It should say manufacturer, model number and size. Also discover your motherboard name and model, look it up on the manufacturer's site, download the manual and find out which connector is channel 1, whether the new HDD is too large, and how to force your motherboard to search for new devices.
Note it is quite possible your motherboard or power supply has failed, not your HDD. Test the HDD in another PC, and the power pack with a voltmeter.

If you have more than three sata drives in your system, you may need to enable SATA AHCI in the bios. ^^; it was what I had to do upon adding a new hdd. Hope that helps!

Back