PC won't boot

DKulzer

About 2 or 3 weeks ago I upgraded most of my PC. I got an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, 3770k, and 8gb of GSkill 1600. I broke one of the pins on my cooler when removing it from the old mobo so I was using the stock Intel cooler. Last week I upgraded to a Corsair H80 and HIS 7870. I put the new cooler and GPU in 2 nights ago and now have problems. I had to move my DVD burner, 1 hard drive, and redo some wiring in order to get the new stuff to fit. When I booted up it just cycles, doesn't even make it to the splash screen. I keep getting two errors in the LED display area. Error 10 (PEI Core is started) and error 55 (Memory not installed). My memory is definitely installed. I have pulled both sticks out, switched sockets, flopped sticks, and whatever else you can do. I've emailed ASRock with no response so far. I don't have any other sticks or RAM to test with. Any suggestions?

Not that I can tell. The highest I've seen the temp go is 51 during normal use. It got up to 91 during the Prime test when I first got it but I think the max temp for that processor is around 105. Everything seemed to be fine until I added the H80 and 7870. I'm going to get some different RAM and see if that changes anything.

[FONT=Verdana]I tried booting with just one stick and it boots fine. I did hold in the Clear CMOS button for a good 10 seconds before I booted with just one stick. BTW, I have 2 x 4gb of G-Skill Ares Ram, it came free with the MOBO. My PC will boot fine with either stick but only in the first 2 slots. If I put either stick in slots 3 or 4, whether singly or paired, it won't boot. I ran Memtest on both sticks in slot 1 and I get no errors. I guess my 3 and 4 slots died. That seems to be a somewhat common problem on this board.[/FONT]

Back