PCIe 1.1 & PCIe 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know that whether XFX 9600GT Graphics Card(PV-T96G-YMFF) which is PCI-E 2.0 card, will fit in my mainborad(Intel Original DG35EC Motherboard) whose PCI-E version is 1.1. Is this PCI-E 2.0 card is backward compatible with PCI-E 1.1 slot of my mainboard ? If yes, what settings I have to do during installation for this backward compatibility?

Should I connect PCI-E six pin power supply to the card when using it in PCI-E 1.1 Slot? Is this power connection to the card used only when fitting the card in PCI-E 2.0 Slot and not when fitting in PCI-E 1.1 slot?

Update your BIOS then run what you want. As long as you have that motherboard, your video graphics performance will be a bit compromised, but should work.
Use the installation instructions for your video card at the manufacturer's website.
You have not told us the brand and model of the card or the computer, which limits how we respond.

Wait a min, pciex16 or 2.0 can fit and work just fine on a motherboard that has pcie 1.1?

If this is true, hell i know what type of rig i am going to buy next as my secondary computer when i get the chance.

raybay! I have already mentioned the card which is:- XFX 9600GT Graphics Card (Model - PV-T96G-YMFF, 512MB GDDR3, 256 bit, 650MHz, 1.8GHz).

Rest of my configuration is :- Intel Original DG35EC Motherboard, 2x2GB 800FSB DDR2 RAM(Kingston), 2.8GHz Core2 Duo (E7400), Samsung DVD Writer, Gigabyte 550 Superb SMPS

Wait a min, pciex16 or 2.0 can fit and work just fine on a motherboard that has pcie 1.1?

If this is true, hell i know what type of rig i am going to buy next as my secondary computer when i get the chance.

shhh be quiet, this is pci e 1.0/1-2.0. Go back to your pci thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back