People appear blue skinned when viewing video with Creative Mediasource

sportinlife54

I have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium series sound card. I always used and liked Soundblaster products. I use Creative Mediasource for a player and their organizer as my main GUI for managing my audio and video files.

I can't be sure when it happened, but the colors on video replay suddenly changed. A friend sent me some video clips he had made from a PC game, Test Drive Unlimited 2, in which he was showing one of the cars, a 1969 Dodge Charger, that you have to find a dozen wrecks of to merit an intact one. In the video his car was blue and what caught my eye was his tail lights and brake lights were blue. The clip was of the car racing in a competition against 7 other cars. After he had won the race, his female avatar was posing outside the car and she was a strange shade of blue. I thought it was a hack he had done to create a blue skinned effect as a tribute to the movie Avatar. I complimented him on it and remarked that there certainly was something alluring about her blue complexion and asked how he had done it. He was puzzled and assured me his car was red and she was normally complexioned. I tried watching a few other film clips on the Mediasource player and in all of them, people were blue and other colors were not quite right. I don't mean animated people, but real ones. One of my brotthers had shot a birthday party for his daughter at his backyard pool. The clip showed a predominance of blue. The grass wasn't blue but a way too dark green and the water in his pool was translucent orange just like orange Jello. I went back and looked at the animated clips from the game again and noticed that there was no red visible. Red traffic lights were blue. Red signs were blue. All the red cars were blue.

But, I could play the same clips on any of my other players, Windows Media Player, VLC Player, etc. and they play back fine. It's only Creative Mediasource's player that won't play back correctly. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it to no avail. I don't see any settings where I can change how it processes the video image which isn't to say there isn't one.

Has anybody else ever seen this? Suggestions?

Back