Phantom Problems??

sllewe

Ok this isnt really a emergancy, and isnt a big deal so i put it here. I downloaded ad-aware second editions just a few days ago. I am very very relgious about running scans on my PC because i hear the horror stories. So yesterday i run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, AVG, and Microsoft Antispyware beta (yea thats alot) after they are all done, all check out clean except for ad-aware. It says i have 18 critical applications, so i obviously delete them. So i run it agian to be sure, ok well it finds 6 more. Well about an hour later (and no inernet activity) i run it again to be sure, well 16 more. It seems like evertime i run it, i find some critcal problem. Has anyone else had problems with the second edition? Is it just picking up on cookies or something? or am i really this infected?!?

Sean

btw- will try and get pics soon

Hello Sean.

I have also got the latest version of Adaware se, and have had no problems.

Can you give us some info on the critical objects that are being found?

Regards Howard :) :)

Yeah they`re just tracking cookies. What browser are you using?

I use Firefox and never get any tracking cookies.

Download and run CCleaner from HERE it should help.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

ahhh

Thanks alot howard! My browser is FireFox as well. I may have been going places i shouldnt of been.... :p is that what causes them? Should i just ingnore them? Thanks alot

Sean

BTW0 i am downloaded that software and giving it a go..

No don`t ignore them, just keep on getting rid of them.

I wouldn`t want them on my system.

The CCleaner programme I mentioned in my post above, is very easy to use, and can get rid of alsorts of usless stuff off your system.

It really is a good little programme.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Back