Picture Upload Trouble

Adhmuz

For a few months now I have been unable to upload any pictures, this isn't the biggest problem but it was a neat feature which use to work without any problems. The pictures seem to be getting uploaded to your servers but after that they don't go anywhere. Currently I have 4 Images in my queue and when I click on the 4 I get linked to a blank page and nothing happens. Is there a problem with my account or have I hit some kind of limit?

I wouldn't know what to recommend since I haven't had any problems uploading new photos and members are also posting newer ones on a regular basis.

Just check you are within the specified size limits and formats and see what happens.. ?
Also, what browser are you using (though that shouldn't be an issue IMO).

I got the same problem now as well, got two images in queue and a blank page shows up when I try to do something about them.

That upload worked.

Do images have a resolution or file size limit? If so, it would help if the site actually warned about it.

Well what do you know it worked for me as well, this makes no sense but now at least we are making progress.

In short the limitations are:
1) 2560x1600 resolution (will have to specify this somewhere)
2) Acceptable image file types: .jpg,.jpeg,.png
3) Maximum upload storage per account: 20mb (just added this - should be enough?)

As you can see, no GIF support is present.

Also in theory there is no maximum upload limit for a single photo, assuming that a large 2560x1600 will not pass the ~<=8mb limitation put forth by PHP.

Can you try perhaps uploading somewhere the pictures you failed to post in the gallery so I can try with my account and if it doesn't work, go straight to the developer for a fix?

Thank you!

If you want I can email you one of them for you to try yourself, there just pictures of my PC nothing offensive and they do follow the specifications that you have posted however I may be nearing my limit on my account of 20mb.

Edit. I Still have 4 pictures in my upload queue which I have no idea what to do about, when I click on it it brings me to a blank page and I still have 10mb of storage for pictures. And the size of my pics are the same as previously uploaded pictures.

Adhmuz was kind of enough of emailing one of the pictures that return an error.

I didn't even try with this one because it's 2304x1728 in size, which is above the 2560x1600 limitation we have set on the gallery.

I will make sure we detail that requirement which is currently not showing in the photo upload form.

Ok, so one last update and hopefully a final one. I went through a lot of the options and code used in our gallery script.

Thanks to some modifications in the PHP memory limit cap you should now be able to upload images that exceed our specifications and the script will downsize them to you (1920x1200). This may also have been the problem you had before with the blank screen showing.

So go ahead and throw a bunch of images to the gallery and let me know how that works for you.

I have also made some template/layout modifications that make the gallery a nicer place to be :).

Well looks like your fix did the trick, it worked, I was able to upload my picture and my last 4 a temps were all there too. Long live awesome moderators, good support and quick solutions.

As a solution... you can try Irfanview (free) and resize or resample the photos. For the internet, I would also suggest setting the dpi to 72dpi. Resampling is better. The drawback.. less resolution on the photo.. the plus.. it loads faster and you can put more photos on the server with the same 20 meg limit.

Back