playback speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried every thing I know, help me please.

Whenever I playback audio files they are not played in realtime. Instead, they are played faster than normal. This happens when I download and when I play samples from my media player(windows version 9). My OS is 2000 professional.

Media Player 9? Isn't that still in beta? If that is true, then you can expect these kinds of problems.. Heck, you can expect these problems even when the final version comes out. ;)

I'll look around for you and if I find anything, I will post back with some suggestions.

I am not familiar with WMP9, but it is possible there is a "feature" that plays things at double speed etc.. Try finding any options affecting speed and change them back.

If you can, I may suggest reinstalling it as well.

Also, what format of music does it affect? MP3? WMA? OGG?.. It might have something to do with a messed up audio codec.

kind of off topic but I don't think it deserves a new thread. I just got SP1 for XP and then today I decided to dl the beta of wmp9. It crashed any time I tried to open a video, so I opened it up and changed the 'Video Acceleration' to none. It appears to play videos just fine now. If I bump it up at all past none it instantly crashes if a video is open.
So if anyone ever has that problem turning off 'Video Acceleration' fixed it for me.

That is messed up, I have been using WMP9 beta for qutie a while now, and never came across this problem. But as long as it fixed it, that is what counts........

I know you can get out the equalizer out and it has a change for speeds, etc.

Click on the mouse looking thing right above the play button..... Then choose settings........show settings.......Then choose the button next to the graphic eqalizer pointing to the right.....That has play speed controls......Not sure if this is how you want to go about doing this, but it might help......

i noticed when i stream video or audio with windows media player 9 it is slower than normal, alot slower... maybe half the speed.. i know its not the site connection or anything because i tried it with real player and i get a normal playback speed. I know there is a setting in windows media player to change the playback speed, but ive tried disabling it and putting it to normal, neither of which work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back