PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is coming to Xbox One on December 12

Shawn Knight

Staff member

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will make its console debut next month, Microsoft and developer Bluehole revealed on Tuesday during Paris Games Week.

The Steam Early Access starlet will land on Xbox One on December 12 as part of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Preview program.

In announcing the news, Bluehole’s Chang Han Kim said they’re approaching development of the Xbox One version with the same community-driven focus that they’ve taken with the PC release. As a result, the battle royale experience on Xbox One will be slightly different than what players know today on PC as various features and functionality will come online and change over time.

In related news, Bluehole also revealed that version 1.0 for the PC will launch in late December.

Both versions of the game are being developed at the same time but Kim notes that they’ll have their own separate roadmaps. The goal, he added, is to have both versions align with each other as soon as possible.

Also worth mentioning is that Bluehole will be releasing three limited-edition cosmetic packs for Xbox One players. The PUBG Warrior Pack, the PUBG Accessory Pack and the PUBG Tracksuit Pack will be available for purchase during a “preview period” before the game launches (there aren’t any plans for in-game purchases in the Xbox Game Preview version). Details on pricing and availability will be shared in the coming weeks, we’re told.

Permalink to story.

Can't wait for the full PC release! New map added as well!

For you XBox One users. If you don't get this game, why have the XBox One? You won't be disappointed.

Also when PC and Xbox One PUBG versions come to together, would be awesome to see cross-platform game play. But, I kinda doubt it, PC would demolish Console play every time!

Last edited by a moderator:
That actually depends, will PUBG have auto aim in the console version?, if so that will make the game much easier on Xbox and auto aim controller players do very well against mouse/keyboard players as proven in BO III

Without auto aim controllers are pointless to use. They would straight up get rekt by anyone with a mouse. Maybe they won't crossplatform. And will auto aim also count the distance and aim above the target?

The Xbox has become the Official kiddie console.
This game will fit perfectly into the Xbox 'online fragging taking moms money and trolling the other players' ecosystem. (And no I am not a grumpy old man, it is a cool FPS)

if so that will make the game much easier on Xbox and auto aim controller players do very well against mouse/keyboard players as proven in BO III

Do you have any proof of this?
Even skilled console players wouldn't stand much of a chance against keyboard/mouse users, especially on a nice 144Hz capable gaming PC.

Only reason I ask is because I have seen this done before and console gamers got slaughtered.

Back