please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to install my DSL modem (yes I finally am) :unch:
I am not getting the light that is metioned in this post...
""Where did you get the idea that the drivers aren't working? It can be just a simple Windows configuration issue. Especially since Windows actually manages to assign an IP to the NIC.

What output do you get from "ipconfig"? Can you ping your own IP address? Does the ethernel link LEDs on the NIC and the DSL modem show a connection? How about pinging the DSL modem? Have you tried installing another NIC?""

Verizon Support told me that It was my ethernet driver., so he had me uninstall it and re-boot, so I did. and It re-installed the driver. but I am not getting a connection to my dsl moden, hence not being able to install it :(
and I dont know what "ping" it means..

Somebody please help me out...
ALSO Why is my 2.4ghz cordless phone making this "clicking" noise even though it goes through the DSL "phone filter" that the provided.

Please help me get off of dial up and into the world of high speeb

MANY MANY MANY thanks

ping is a utility that tests the connection of an IP.

First thing first, is there any connection light on the modem? Refer to your manual. There are a few lights. If there's no connection light, don't bother with anything else.

"Why is my 2.4ghz cordless phone making this "clicking" noise even though it goes through the DSL "phone filter" that the provided." - If there's no other wireless device at home, it must be an old land line issue which can't be fixed easily. Also, make sure there's no other device plugged in any phone outlet without a filter. Fax goes through the filter.

Every phone, fax machine, satalite tv box etc that you have must go through a filter also, as for the connection problem maybe there is a problem with your filter is there another filter you can try if the filter isn't working you wont get a connection no matter what you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back