Plugging in wireless router N to G router

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesler

I believe i need to kep my Action G router for Verizon Fios. I just bought a Blueray with that will download and play netfix movies and I want to know if I can plug in a wireless n router to the g router just for the streaming movies purpose?

Sure. Just read the setup instructions carefully... and some N routers work a lot better than others

so the path would be
modem---g.router---n.router---n.devices ?

As long as the devices on the n.router do not need to access devices on the g.router
Your not going to have N class thruput, as the g.router up stream will limit the data rate.

I believe i need to kep my Action G router for Verizon Fios. I just bought a Blueray with that will download and play netfix movies and I want to know if I can plug in a wireless n router to the g router just for the streaming movies purpose?

Streaming will only has fast as the G router can handle 10/100. Most N are 10/100/1000. So you want to use the second router the N as wireless access point for your B-Ray with netfix.. Those should have wired port you can connect with better results using a wired connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back