Poll: P4 Pxe

What you think about $900+ for a CPU?

• I'll pay whatever the cost to get the best of the best.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Its a correct price for a high end CPU, but I'm not willing to pay that much.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It's too much, Intel has gone crazy with it.

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_17

Intel plans to set the top-notch high-performance Pentium 4 3.2GHz (P4PXE, P4 Processor Extreme Edition) at the unprecedented high level of US$925. The new product is set to hit the market in early November.

What do you think about this? Are you willing to pay that ammount of money just to get the top-edge performance for a few months? Do you think the processor market will end like the video card market where we are already paying more and more every year?

Express yourself :D

Anyone who is willing to pay that much for a stupid processor is INSANE!!!! Or very rich, either one. That is just ridiculous.

Its a correct price for a high end CPU, but I'm not willing to pay that much"

at first I thought this... then my sensis came to me.. no CPU for the publics computer should be costing $900. $600 total max which is still redicuious.

$900... thats just crossing the line.

In my opinion this is just marketing. People who buy a radeon 9600 do it because ati is the speed king. That's intel's move, they needed something fast to get the speed crown again, and it had to be out in a short period of time. So they got this 1/2 Xeon CPU, which is not too far from the real Xeon CPU. 900 is way to much, 700 is ridiculous anyway. At that price you can get a true Opteron processor.

Anyone remembers how much we all payed for a Monster 3D Voodoo 2 with 12 mb of slow-ram? I think it was about $300. It had this SLI mode where you could connect 2 voodoo's together. I never saw it in real, it was just to expensive. Guillemot had a pack called "The Power Of Two" which were 2 Voodoo cards together for 500 bucks.

People laughed at it. But now that's what we're al paying for the high end graphics cards.

That's exactly what is going to happen. With Amd 64's out, and the P4 PXE, top models are now pushing higher prices each time.

Too rich for my blood - I want one, but I won't pay that much for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back