Pop Up about Anti Virus 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronian30

I use Firefox mostly and ever since the other night I have been getting pop ups from IE saying my PC has been infected with spyware and thing. Pop-ups are mostly about Anti Virus 2009 but can range from multi player games and stuff on that line. Can anyone help me on what I should do to get rid of this problem? I tried running Windows Defender, it found some things and I deleted them and things seemed normal for a little but then the pop ups started coming back.... Someone please help.....

should i do the 8 step thing and post the logs? or should i wait 2 hear from someone or maybe run combo fix someone please help I'm lost here

Hi, in case you hadn't find a solution yet try to read about it at 2-spyware.com
I found that website very helpful :)

Hi Ronian30 :wave:

Sorry its taken so long to get to you.

DO NOT run Combofix until told to. This can seriously damage your system.

You have stated you have the Antivirus 2009 virus. I would also like to check for anything else you may have.

Go Here and complete ALL of the steps especially posting a HijackThis log under step 7.

When running HijackThis:
You must download the latest version from Here

Then run it and leave the save location as default. DO NOT save it to your desktop.

Then save the log it produces to your My Document folder and attach the log. DO NOT copy and past the contents.

Attach the log by going down to Attach Files under your reply box on Techspot and then click manage attachments.

Click browse in the new window find the file and then click open and then click upload.

Thanks

Thanks for your help rev_olie sorry it took so long to get back to ya but I had some running around to do after work and the scans took awhile. I will post the log for you to look over, seems like maybe the pop ups might have left I'm not getting any right now. 1 question for you, should I keep windows defender installed or can I delete it now that SuperAntiSpyware is on here, but are running right now.... let me know

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 5
I would leave windows defender installed and running, its just another line of defence.

I will have a look over your logs now but Ive got traveling to do now for Christmas and so i probably wont be able to reply quickly i'm afraid unless i have some spare time tomorrow but if i haven't got back to you by the 27 send me a message or post a reminder on the thread and i'l get back to you ASAP.

Sorry for any inconvenience but Christmas only comes once a year :D

oh trust me it's no problem, i thank you for all the help you have gave already.... i'll be waiting to hear from you. have a nice holiday

Hi Ronian30

I hope you had a good holiday.

Ive had a look over your logs and it all appears clean. Are you still having any problems?

Hey, Hope you had a great holiday also...

I was going to post today and say thanks again for your help and everything on this side is working great.... so thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back