Port forwarding

kmatthews24

Hey all,

This is my first time trying to port forward anything and I'm having trouble finding a guide for my router the bell homehub 2000 (sagemcom fast 5250). If anyone has experience with this router, some help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to port forward for my xbox one.

UPDATE: ok so I went ahead and did some more reading using a guide for a linksys router and attempting to translate it to mine. From my understanding I have to set a static ip address on my xbox one and then open the specific ports through my router settings, can anybody confirm this?

Correct. The xbox IP must always be the same, so you can create a FIXED address or use the DHCP feature of address reservation which needs the MAC code for the xbox

Personally, I say yes, as it is one of the vectors that allow trojans and virus'. There are those that say otherwise and cite specific programs that need this, but I've never encountered that as an issue and opt for better security.

Bump: btw, my answer applies to the router settings for UPnP.

The windows Firewall has a setting "Network Discovery (UPnP-in)" which is entirely a different issue - - just leave this one alone.

Back