Possible mb problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i went to boot up my pc, did so, switched monitor on and speakers, but then i noticed something weird. The moinitor couldnt pick up the signal, My mouse wouldnt work and there was no sound comming out of the speakers as you would expect to hear the trusted windows loading sound.

Ive checked everything, tried un-plugging everything and plugging it back in, the mb lights up saying the temp etc, the fans all work, just none of the ports seem to work nor the stuff in the pci slots.

Im running a 3ghz p4 1gig ram, 128mb 6600gt gfx card.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Has the computer been bumped or slightly moved recently?? The first step in diagnosing would be loose connections from the back I/O panel. Disconnect all your cables (video, audio, USB, mouse, keyboard, etc) and reconnect them. See if that does the trick. If not, step would be the possiblilty of a bad power supply unit. It might be going bad to the point that it turns your system on, but just doesn't have enough juice to jumpstart the system. If that turns out ok, then it definitely is the mobo.

checked all the cables, went out bought a new psu and still the same, im guessing its the mb then, oh well, upgrade time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back