Possible Sound hardware causing blue screen

Mitchg92

Hi I have been getting blue screen very often for past month pretty much 10mins while running windows 10.
I have tested MEMtest86
I have pulled my graphics card out and used the on board motherboard.
I have replaced power supply with a consair CS750m thinking that was the issue

I have been noticing my speakers getting lag and sounding pretty bad while playing music or you tube. I though it was jsut the speakers require a new one however I think the motherboard speakers are causing the issue with the blue screen.
My motherboard is a Z77 Extreme4
Graphics card is a GeForce 1060

What can I test to confirm its the motherboard hardware is causing this issue?
I have uninstalled the sound drives in device manager but they keep coming up when I restart the computer.

I have also update the Bios firmware.

Any solutions would be great

What version of Windows 10 are you running? Type >> WINVER on the search bar to find the WINVER app. If it is 20H2...good..if it is 2004 or earlier Type>. Check for Updates and do the updates but don't bother with optional updates. Check for the latest drivers from your motherboard manufacturer for chipset, audio and network card drivers. Do chipset drivers first. Reboot as necessary.

When you ran Memtest ..what were the results? 4 passes? Any red fields? What type of hard drive do you use? Is it the older mechanical drive or a newer SSD? Mechanical drivers are prone to failure that cause BSOD. Have you checked the Event Viewer? Open a CMD window (Run as Admin) and type > SFC /scannow

Hi thank you for the reply. Its is a 20H2 The memtest had 4 passes no red fields. I have an SSD Hard drive. Also used another HDD with windows 10 for testing and still crashed.
Also While I was messaging you this it crashed.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 5
It looks like corrupted OS files. If you don't have any data on the drive you care about do a fresh install. Do you have a WIndows 10 install media flash drive made up and ready to go?

Agree with Kshipper based on the info at the bottom of your blue screen. I'd first run sfc /scannow and see if it can resolve the issue.

If you're certain this is sound related, and it doesn't look like it based on your screenshot, go into BIOS and disable the sound for awhile to see if it crashes.

Also, are your temps and voltages good?

I have disabled it through the Bios & still crashing... Also used a USB ethernet adaptor & still no good. The only reason why I dont think it is windows os Is that I have a separate hard drive with windows 10 and that is crashing aswell. I am still not 100% confident its the motherboard yet.
What should temp and voltage be around?

I am going to upgrade the motherboard, cpu and ram. I really think the motherboard is on its way out. Whats anyone suggestion on the picture to upgrade to

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    35 KB · Views: 2
I use the Asus B450M-A/csm or the Gigabyte B450M DS3H board a lot when I am not needing the better thermals of a X570 chipset board. A good CPU to put in there that is available at a good price is a Ryzen 5 3600. There are choices above and choices below. To figure out the relative power to each other I suggest you use Passmark's CPU benchmark website. If you just Google CPUs, their website pops up in the results. IE:

To choose RAM you should look over the QVL on each motherboard manufacturers website which lists RAM that is tested with the board or you can use a RAM manufacturer's tool to find RAM for the board you want to use. GSkill comes to mind. They have a nice website to help you find a RAM kit that will work. I would choose something that is at least running at 2666MHz or faster. RAM above the 3600 speed with tighter timings will cost you more. It really depends on what you do with your computer. If you just surf the Internet with a browser faster RAM will be a waste of money but if you are a gamer or you do work with your computer faster RAM will help out a lot =)

Back