Posting abusive comments on YouTube could lead to a warning and 24-hour timeout

midian182

Staff member
In brief: YouTube is attempting to address the huge amount of notoriously toxic, hateful, and abusive comments on the platform by sending notifications to those who post them. If the perpetrators continue with this behavior, they will be prohibited from posting any more comments for 24 hours.

YouTube's previous way of addressing toxic comments on YouTube was to warn people before a message was posted that it could potentially be abusive. The new feature goes a bit further, alerting users when YouTube has detected and removed some of their comments for violating its community guidelines.

For those who ignore these warnings and continue to leave multiple abusive comments, YouTube could issue a timeout and suspend their ability to leave messages for 24 hours.

Warnings and a 24-hour comment suspension might not seem like big deterrents, but YouTube community manager Rob writes that testing has shown the combination reduces the likelihood of users leaving violative comments again.

The new feature is currently only available for English comments. YouTube hopes to bring it to more languages in the coming month.

"Our goal is to both protect creators from users trying to negatively impact the community via comments, as well as offer more transparency to users who may have had comments removed to policy violations and hopefully help them understand our Community Guidelines," it said.

YouTube admits that the systems don't always get it right, so anyone who feels they received a warning that wasn't merited can give feedback to help the company know it made a mistake. There's no mention of reinstating comments that were removed in error, though.

Spam messages are another big problem on the site. YouTube says it's been working on improving its automated detection systems and machine learning models to identify and remove spammy posts. It has removed over 1.1 billion spammy comments in the first six months of 2022.

Bots invading live chats are another area YouTube is trying to address, thanks to improved spambot detection.

Permalink to story.

And "abusive comments" are what exactly? YouTube is as bad as the old Twitter and has also been censoring conservatives for years. The people that control YouTube consider not using preferred pronouns as violence so yeah....don't have much faith in the *****s over there.

YouTube comments removal is perhaps the most broken systems out there. It is known for constantly removing comments that are 100% neutral and inoffensive. And I came across countless instances where posting a comment results in its automatic deletion 2 minutes later, regardless of what's in the comment. And by the sound of it, it's gonna get even worse now.

YouTube comments removal is perhaps the most broken systems out there. It is known for constantly removing comments that are 100% neutral and inoffensive. And I came across countless instances where posting a comment results in its automatic deletion 2 minutes later, regardless of what's in the comment. And by the sound of it, it's gonna get even worse now.
this comment offends me, I demand its removal

And "abusive comments" are what exactly? YouTube is as bad as the old Twitter and has also been censoring conservatives for years. The people that control YouTube consider not using preferred pronouns as violence so yeah....don't have much faith in the *****s over there.
Thats in my opinion is the biggest problem. gentle snowflakes in control of these things simply silencing those they disagree with rather than doing what they claim to do.
Damn it, they are all doing the same mistake, walking in the same shoes.
It is becoming to hard to speak truths, express opinions.

Bigoted, willfully ignorant comments - homophobic, sexist, racist, xenophobic, etc. - are by their nature abusive, so yeah, so called "conservatives" are going to get censored for their arrogant, deliberate insensitivity toward those of minority groups, and it is exactly what they deserve.

Bigoted, willfully ignorant comments - homophobic, sexist, racist, xenophobic, etc. - are by their nature abusive, so yeah, so called "conservatives" are going to get censored for their arrogant, deliberate insensitivity toward those of minority groups, and it is exactly what they deserve.
Wow, you're watching a lot of MSNBC aren't you?
The problem with your group my friend is that everything is "homophobic, sexist, racist, xenophobic, etc". It's the new religion of the left and we all know that if it's actually none of those things it doesn't matter. Because you guys will find a way to make it so.

Wow, you're watching a lot of MSNBC aren't you?
The problem with your group my friend is that everything is "homophobic, sexist, racist, xenophobic, etc". It's the new religion of the left and we all know that if it's actually none of those things it doesn't matter. Because you guys will find a way to make it so.
Bigots exist on both sides, the problem comes when the bigots think they are just in their opinions.

We have ratings on movies and videogames to protect children from "adult content." So I ask, why is it okay to expose children to 'adult content' in the name of diversity and inclusivity? And if diversity and inclusivity is the agenda the left wishes to project, why is it they exclude the right? Why don't we educated people about both sides and give them the tools to come to their own conclusion? Is it that we are afraid that the conclusion they come to won't be the desired one?

I would suggest that they believe their own propaganda because it makes them feel good. I left the left about 15 years ago when I saw it was being highjacked. My opinions haven't changed, but how my opinions have been defined has moved me to being a conservative. Ofwhich, I often disagree with the right as much as the left. The left has defined me as a conservative even though 15 years ago I would have been considered very liberal

Last edited:
Nobody is buying that racist BS anymore. Everyone knows those who constantly fling ~isms and ~phobics are the most hypocritical arses on the planet with no morals and no standards, who will change any definition they can just to screw over anyone who doesnt constantly validate their way of life.
Bigots exist on both sides, the problem comes when the bigots think they are just in their opinions.

We have ratings on movies and videogames to protect children from "adult content." So I ask, why is it okay to expose children to 'adult content' in the name a diversity and inclusivity? And if diversity and inclusivity is the agenda the left wises to project, why is it they exclude the right? Why don't we educated people about both sides and give them the tools to come to their own conclusion? Is it that we are afraid that the conclusion they come to won't be the desired one?

I would suggest that they believe their own propaganda because it makes them feel good. I left the left about 15 years ago when I saw it was being highjacked. My opinions haven't changed, but how my opinions have been defined has moved me to being a conservative. Ofwhich, I often disagree with the right as much as the left. The left has defined me as a conservative even though 15 years ago I would have been considered very liberal
They'll never listed to their own propaganda, because said propaganda contradicts itself. They dont actually believe any of it anyway, the moment one of their pet "groups" starts asking questions or getting uppity you see the mask slip off. Dave Chappelle is a great example.

Dave Chappelle is a great example.
indeed he is. He is a perfect example of how the "new left" will use people for it's own agenda until it's no longer convenient then oust you.

The funny thing I find about people who call themselves "liberals" is that the dictionary definition of liberal is "willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas."

That definition is completely contrary to what the new left is. They have a set of ideas and beliefs that they militantly defend. And I say "militant" quite literally. "firey but mostly peaceful protests"

The irony being that they destroyed their own cities and towns and then have to live amongst the dust and bones they themselves created while asking for help from the very people they protested against.

indeed he is. He is a perfect example of how the "new left" will use people for it's own agenda until it's no longer convenient then oust you.

The funny thing I find about people who call themselves "liberals" is that the dictionary definition of liberal is "willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas."

That definition is completely contrary to what the new left is. They have a set of ideas and beliefs that they militantly defend. And I say "militant" quite literally. "firey but mostly peaceful protests"

The irony being that they destroyed their own cities and towns and then have to live amongst the dust and bones they themselves created while asking for help from the very people they protested against.
One could argue that a group that was more accepting of alternative ideals was easily coopted by power hungry monsters willing to screw over everyone in their path, or may argue that those "alternatives" saw their ideology as the only acceptable truth, and have spread their word to replace old religions with this new "religion". Whatever the case may be, their flaming hatred of all who do not validate them will eventually lead to them eating their own tail, once they've silenced every other group on the planet, or maybe the government will wake up one day and realize that these platforms need to be held accountable if they want their cake and eat it too. Worked in 1965 after all.....

All this time they didn't have it moderated? I don't comment on youtube and barely use it, the main purpose for it is of course to watch videos that are either entertaining or helpful to you (there are some very good videos on there if you know how to find them).

Obviously everything on the internet needs to be moderated, as currently there is no real barrier to entry. The dumbest people can get online now and post anything, and that's exactly what happens. Every few years they do studies and it always turns out the stupidest, most dysfunctional people make up the majority of online discourse. In real life they are ignored and avoided, but on the internet they can spam anything they want. So the only solution is to moderate them and ban them online too. Any place that doesn't set that tone finds themselves overrun with quality discourse non-existent as a result of being driven away.

The more the left censors, the more people wake up and pay attention. Your "this offends people!!!" days are numbered, man up.

Back