Power outage and now is my computer dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,
a few nights ago we had a power serge in our home and now my computer wont start up.
I have tried using just ram cpu and video card but it still doesn't boot.
I tried useing a new psu and still having the same problem.
when i turn on the power button the lights com on that the cpu fan starts spinning but it doesn't post.

Any suggestions what to do next.

please help!!!

ur power supply is obviously supplying power. sound like maybe something more severe. like it fried your mobo.

plz tell me u has a fu**ing surge protector!

sry for the language but u should have a surge protector on any valuable electronics that u have

I love surge protector, saved me MANY times, my dual fan power supply is great.

I have no clue, if u installed a new power supply and its still not working i have no idea, like mentioned it might be more serious.

*How to restore if the computur is over powered *AMAZING!

:D To restore the computur if it is dead
here is what you do:

than turn on the dead computur (the HDD and cpu will empower but it can not
prosses turn on bios setup thing go to power and put the Cpu at lowest *I forgot* connected computur and DOS on setup (terminate main power restore secoundary power)

there you go it works

(if you have a samsung or aplle it will not work!)

blaircse said:
hey,
a few nights ago we had a power serge in our home and now my computer wont start up.
I have tried using just ram cpu and video card but it still doesn't boot.
I tried useing a new psu and still having the same problem.
when i turn on the power button the lights com on that the cpu fan starts spinning but it doesn't post.

Any suggestions what to do next.

please help!!!

Hmmm... I just found this site while searching and I have the same exact symptoms on a friends computer. I try to power it up and the fan spins for about a second and stops...then NOTHING! This is with a new power supply. Her old one did nothing so I thought Simple huh? No, not simple.

Will Bad ram keep it from Powering up?, booting yes...but I figured it would not keep it from powering up. I don't think so, but I may be wrong. My first thought was bad power supply, and when that wasn't the problem...I wondered if a Bad MB would give those symptoms? I dunno.Help anyone?

Are you getting any beep codes? If theres no beep codes it's more than likely a bad mb.

Regards,

Korrupt

korrupt said:
Are you getting any beep codes? If theres no beep codes it's more than likely a bad mb.

Regards,

Korrupt

This is true... Try new memory and see if it boots. If you have 2 sticks of memory, try swapping the sticks. Memory socket 0 is used to boot

Thanks guys... I will geet back home on Thursday. I think I have some extra RAM laying around somewhere. I get NO beep codes or anything. I would have figured a constant beep beep beep would have been a bad stick of ram. I think her MB is dead.

Which brings up another thing...I see NO Name or anything on her board. Obviously it is not in warranty, but I wondered where else would there be some sort of name. All I see on it is SIS that even resembles a Logo or Brand name.

SIS is probably an onboard graphics adaptor or some network adaptor (i cant remember which)

Have you checked all the power connections are set on your motherboard, including the extra 4-pin power if you have a Pentium 4 etc.?

Reseat the ram, and reseat the video card.. those two usualy stop the pc from booting up sometimes if they're not on properly..

usualy the easiest way to find out the model and make of a certain hardware is to boot into windows and use a program like everest home or SIW etc..

Yes, IF you CAN BOOT. The Fan won't even keep turning.

I Didn't re-seat the ram. I will also try that. Right before I stcik some different ram in there.

Thanks!

My computer went out after an power outage and I tried every thing I could. That was do it yourself. (free)The last thing I checked was the battery ,but when I took it out and put it back in my power never came back on .Did I do something wrong or is the battery dead.But before I took out the battery the front light next to a symbol that seem to look like a battery blinked orange very fast.the fans came on when I pushed the power but went out when I stopped pushing it.And a green light came on in back underneath the power cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back