Power supply problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Hello. I have a problem, and it's kind of serious...I have a computer (System #2 in my profile) with a Antec 500W power supply...Today, I tried to turn the computer on, and it wouldn't boot, and there was this strange high pitched noise coming from the computer. Tried a couple more times, still wouldn't work. So, I disconnected all of the power cables to all of the devices in the computer and checked the PSU, and lo-and-behold, a high-pitched whine comes from the PSU whenever it's plugged in to current and switched on, even when no devices are hooked up to the PSU. Does this sound like I need a replacement?

:'(...Ok, so it was an Antec 500W...I don't want to get the same thing and have it fail again, so what is the best brand of 500W power supplies you can get for about 50-60$? I'm trying to get one from my local Microcenter...

You may wish to try looking at a few e-sellers such as:
Play.com
Ebuyer.com
Dabs.com
Amazon.com

I always have a scout through these sellers. There is usually a good bargain to be had from one of them. It is also good to compare prices. I know that Play.com are doing free delivery at the mo.

Good luck!

Oh, sorry about that...I already got a power supply, The OCZ StealthXStream 500W power supply...It has dual 18A 12V rails with a total of 36A, just like the old one (except that one was an Antec SmartPower 500W with 19A on 12V1 and 17A on 12V2)...Thanks for the help anyway guys! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back