PPPoE Internet Connection goes dead after a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Internet Connection was working fine. All of a sudden it started going dead in the middle of Downloads/Surfing.

This is what happens:

1. The first page you choose (any page) loads. If instead of that you download files (i.e. updating the antivirus) the first and with luck second files download, then it goes ¨server connection failed¨

2. If you click on any link or try a second page it fails to find it and gets stuck on ¨searching for (any IP)¨, or ¨connecting to www.anypage.com¨

This happens at random times, i.e. sometimes after 20 mins, 30ms 32 mins, etc.
Then even if I connect and disconnect again, it doesn't help.

I have to uninstall the LAN Card and re-install it. Alternately, I have to uninstall the "Network Components" (eg. Network Monitor Driver, Internet Protocol (TCP/IP, etc.)) from the properties Tab of the Internet Connection.

Please help!

I had similar problems.

Check your modem to see if it can't keep line sync.(Normally a light on the modem) If it effectively can't, call your ISP support and ask them if you could get a line test from your telco. In my case, a couple of days after the test, it started working fine.

I suspect that your system is infected with either a spyware or a virus. If what DragonMaster recommended didn't work, please try running an antivirus and spyware program to find whether your system is infected.

Vinod

could be your modem software got hammered or the router(if you are using one) is not setup correctly(has changed)
when I was on DSL I gave up on the software control for the modem almost the same things where going on.
got a router configed it properly and never looked back.
if you upgraded to VOIP and the modem is older it may not support digital phone service
just some things to think about

Thank you All.

Thank you everyone for the replies. However, it looks like the problem has resolved itself last night, finally after 2 days.
Today's News-papers here also carried a report about a problem with the Telephone Exchange here. :) so that's that...

Their problem made me spend a almost 18 hours trying to fix a non-exsistent problem at my end!!!

Thanks for the help anyways....

Cheers!

In my case, I had to restart the modem each times it happened.

When there's a problem, always contact your ISP, it will save you some time if the problem is on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back