Printer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be able to print from my laptop to a printer that was hooked up through my desktop computer. Now it won't print it gives me a message saying document could not print (Failed to print) I have gone through the help and still it does not work

What sort of network?
Go through it all. First remove the computer from My Network Places, then uninstall the printer from the main computer by deleting it..
Next, reboot, then use a registry editor such as RegClean to get rid of all component derivatives of the printer software. Reboot once more, then reinstall the printer on the main computer.
Reinstall My Network places, then use your setup to reattach the printer to the network.
See if the printer is listed under Settings -> Printers and Faxes. If so, click on the printer, then properties, and print a test page.
If that works, immediately try a test print within the network, printing any document you know has printed before. At that point, everything involving printing should work.

print sharing is dependent upon file sharing -- make sure you can File Share first.
this will set your system for the basics.

print sharing adds two issues: 1- getting the right driver for the remote printer and
2- making sure your firewall doesn't inhibit print spooling on port 631.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back