Printing from DOS programs

gulabg

1. I have a peachtree DOS program on Windows XP computer. My HP 1150 laser stopped working. What printers would work with DOS programs and Windows XP computer?

Many thanks,
Gulab

Opinion with some experience - Windows XP is still close enough to DOS to allow you to run some DOS software.

The connection to the printer is probably determined by your software (which may require a 36 pin parallel port or a serial port). Your current printer had USB in addition to parallel - so you know how that worked. Some USB ports can operate like a serial port and sometimes special cables or adapters are needed.

My guess is that you need a printer which supports PCL (but unsure if 4,5 or 6) and is able to use the USB like a serial port - but this is only a guess. You will have to ascertain in order to get the right printer.

HP 1150s can be bought on eBay for around $100.

I run a DOS program in DosBox on Windows 10 machine. I print to file and edit that with WordPad and I can print from there.

Let us know how it turns out.

I will look for some HP 1150 printer on ebay. But I will continue llooking to see if I have another option also,
because I do like to be stuck with just one horse.

Back