Pro golfer knocks drone out of the sky with an accurate shot

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Drones have been the source of countless viral videos over the past couple of years and the clip below is no exception. It features professional golfer Keegan Bradley taking aim at a DJI Phantom as it buzzes overhead and as you can already guess, it didn’t take long for him to connect with his target.

The clip’s description says Bradley got fed up while putting and decided to turn the tables on the drone. After watching the video, however, you realize that bit is fabricated but even still, his ability to hit a drone with a golf ball is impressive nevertheless.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Fake. Period. They never show the ball going from the ground to the drone in one single shot. Terrible editing. Completely fake.

It's most likely a fake or otherwise he was just plain lucky. Even while the drone is hovering it's still in motion and not static like a tin cup. Even if it's not faked I wonder how many swings it actually took.

At that range it should be relatively easy for a pro golfer to hit a target of that size in a few attempts. Plausible but unremarkable.

Even from the external camera view of the drone you don't get that satisfying angle where you see the ball crash into the drone. I get the impression that it was hit, and then see a clip of the drone crashing. It's a cute commercial with Putnam's name all over it. I'd guess that the video is plausible and a pro golfer could hit a drone, but that doesn't seem to be clearly depicted in this video.

If this was real I suspect him dead; he was a terrorist destroying DHS property and a threat to national security.

Techspat, why would you republish what is obviously a FAKE and MARKETING exercise?

Slow news day?

Back