Problem finding driver for modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hi guys,

I'm trying to fix the computer of one of my friends but they can't get the internet up and running... They have just got dialup and an internal modem. Its a very old computer... They called their ISP but they said they couldn't do anything until the modem driver was updated...

I have gone into device manager and the only thing it says under modems is "best data data fax modem"... Doesn't have a model number or anything anywhere to find the driver from!!

Its running Windows XP. Does anyone have any idea where and how i could find out the exact model of the modem and where i could download the driver?

Any help at all hugely appreciated.

Regards,

Korrupt

Yes I remember those modems, that's pretty old. Today you can get dial-up modem dirt cheap. I would replace that modem with a new PCI modem. Or better yet USB external dial-up modem are just plug and play. They just have data/fax no caller ID. Zoom modems don't need drivers even the internal and external serial XP sees them.

Or
Best Data Modem Site - To match out what they have they need to open the case
http://www.bestdata.com/index.php?file=c-all56k&iCategoryId=10

Pull out the card, do this while the PC is off. Then match up the numbers to the right driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back