Problem installing Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, new poster here.

As the post suggests i'm having trouble installing vista. My computer was working perfectly before this happened. Basically my computer crashed about a month ago and then I had an error appear on boot asking me to insert my vista cd and select the repair option. I did this and it didnt work, it BSOD'd whilst repairing everytime I tried. This p**sed me off so much I decided to clean format and reinstall, the trouble is when I tried to install it got to the point where I could format my drive and begin installation, got about half way through and the computer decided to crash, I rebooted and now everytime I try to install it loads the files, does the green loading bar, shows a black screen for about 5 mins and then another lighter black screen with a movable cursor, where it stays. I've tried to reboot the BIOS and swap my RAM around, to no progress.

My specs are:

Intel Dual Core (cant remember the Ghz)
4gb Ram
500gb Sata HDD Seagate Baracuda 7200
XFX 650i ultra mobo
ATI Sapphire 3850 HD 1Gb

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the quick reply, I would try that but not actually got a chance to select any partitions as i'm still stuck on the black screen with a movable cursor.

I lost 6 HDD once over a 3 month period when a psu died and killed the mobo ,lan card and the sound card.......never used a cheap PSU since.Lucky for me they were within 12 month warrantys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back