Problem opening msconfig.exe, regedit.exe task manager is disabled and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to TechSpot. You will need more than just running HijackThis.

You cannot access those areas because policies were set: I don't know if it was malware that caused it or if another user set them.
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1

The HijackThis log alone is not enough for your system- is has a very large share of malware. If you would like help, please follow the steps on the Virus and Malware Removal.thread

Don't worry about the Java update but run everytihing else.

Can you tell me what this is please: kul-dc.dhl.com

Can you also tell me how this is being used: Altiris® Application Metering Solution software.

I notice that you have BitComet which is a P2P programs. P2P (person to person) programs are also called 'file sharing' programs. In earlier computer days, these programs did not have much threat. But as they progressed, so did the dangers of using them. I suggest you uninstall and P2P programs for the following reasons:
  • As long as you are using file sharing networks and programs which are from sources that are not documented, you cannot verity that a download is legitimate.
  • Malware writers use these program to include malicious content.
  • Fie sharing is usually unmonitored and there is a danger that your private files might be accessed.
  • The'sharing' also includes malware that the shared system has on it.
  • Files that are illegal can be spread through file sharing.

Please read the information on P2P Warning to help you better understand these dangers.

If you choose not to remove it, please do not use it while you are getting cleaning help. If you do, support will end.

Thanks for replying

kul-dc.dhl.com is our company domain, *Altiris® Application Metering Solution software is a safe program don't worry about that.

I need to tell you something, when I try to open regedit or msconfig, some notepad with garbage text appears.

Thank you. I though that would be it. More questions- you do have several special entries and I have to make sure you put them there, you are aware of them and what they are:

Is this your web page? http://fdisk.com/home/
What is intra.dpwn.net? The Domain dpwn.net opens a German web site http://www.dp-dhl.de/dp-dhl?lang=de_EN&xmlFile=300000221

Have you set up an intranet through this? I want to be sure of setting that you deliberately made vs any caused by malware.

Please follow the steps in Post #2 for the three programs. Repeat HJT after running Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

Then Please download ComboFix HERE:
  • With ComboFix, at the download window, please rename it to Combo-Fix(.exe) before downloading it.
  • Please disable all security programs, such as antiviruses, antispywares, and firewalls. Also disable your internet connection.
  • Run Combo-Fix.exe and follow the prompts.
    (Understand that things like your system clock changing and your desktop disappearing might happen. Do not worry, because all will be restored later.)
  • Wait for the scan to be completed.
  • If it requires a reboot, please do it.
• After the scan has completed entirely, please post the log here. The log will be located at C:\ComboFix(.txt)

Notes:

• 1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
    2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
    3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell your helper.
    4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

If Combofix won't run and you get an error message, I need to know what it says.

Summary:
Run Malwarebytes, save log, attach to next reply.
Run Superantispyware, save log, attach to next reply
Run Combofix, save report, attach to next reply

Rescan with HijackThis, save log, paste into next reply

I done exactly like what you said

but I still have the same problem. I attached the log files for hijackthis and the maleware bytes scan. please help.

It looks like we were posting at the same time. Please go back to my post above- Post #4 and follow my instructions, answer the questions I asked.

I did not say that all your problem would be gone if you ran the programs. They are the only way I can see what's running- bad and good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back