Problem reformatting Windows XP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt325

Ok i got some pretty crazy virus/malware or something it's restricting access to task manager and other things and making some error pop up constantly "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive." I downloaded some virus programs and stuff and it wont allow some of them to work, I also downloaded some program to reset my registrys to give me access back to task manager and the other stuff but that only worked for like 10 seconds and then i was restricted again, and now the virus is not allowing that program to be ran. So i decided to just reformat but now there's another problem, When i insert my reformat CD i restart and it takes me to the recovery screen and asks me if i want to do a complete reformat and wipe out everything or if i want to do a reformat and backup. The only problem is once i get the that screen my keyboard and mouse stops working... So i cant click on the button to start reformatting but my keyboard works perfect when i first restart because it allows me to push "R" to enter the recovers mode and i can see the light on my wireless sensor thing for the keyboard/mouse but once the recovers screen starts loading the ligh on it goes off. Any ideas? This is really frustrating.

Ok i got some pretty crazy virus/malware or something it's restricting access to task manager and other things and making some error pop up constantly "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive." I downloaded some virus programs and stuff and it wont allow some of them to work, I also downloaded some program to reset my registrys to give me access back to task manager and the other stuff but that only worked for like 10 seconds and then i was restricted again, and now the virus is not allowing that program to be ran. So i decided to just reformat but now there's another problem, When i insert my reformat CD i restart and it takes me to the recovery screen and asks me if i want to do a complete reformat and wipe out everything or if i want to do a reformat and backup. The only problem is once i get the that screen my keyboard and mouse stops working... So i cant click on the button to start reformatting but my keyboard works perfect when i first restart because it allows me to push "R" to enter the recovers mode and i can see the light on my wireless sensor thing for the keyboard/mouse but once the recovers screen starts loading the ligh on it goes off. Any ideas? This is really frustrating.

hi there

are you using USB keyboard and mouse? if so enable support in your BIOS or use a PS2 type to get you started. had this problem recently with a DELL machine that only had USB connections.

let me know how u get on

Alright idk how to do the BIOS thing you said in your previous post but i'll have to go buy a wired mouse.

hi there

this will only work for usb keyboards and mice. boot into your BIOS and look for USB settings - usually in "integrated devices" or so.

then look for USB settings and enable things like USB for DOS, Legacy USB etc, USB keyboard etc

also is your kb/mouse one of those types that the dongle plugs into the original PS2 ports? if so u might wanna try resyncing them with each other.

regards

Well i was able to reformat and things only got worse. Now my computer is really ****ed up. The problems didnt go away i still cant access the task manager and i get a ton of errors when i login saying disks cant be found and .dlll errors. I thought a reformat was supposed to wipe everything out how come all the problems are still there?

Well i was able to reformat and things only got worse. Now my computer is really ****ed up. The problems didnt go away i still cant access the task manager and i get a ton of errors when i login saying disks cant be found and .dlll errors. I thought a reformat was supposed to wipe everything out how come all the problems are still there?

hi there

you couldnt have reformatted (wiped) your hdd properly. did u do a repair install instead?

regards

Yeah i've reformatted before and all was good, But i did a complete reformat twice today and everything is wiped out except the problems... All my stuff was wiped out but still got the errors and access restrictions i dont know what to do anymore im on a different computer now a really old one lol

hi there

can u use some 3rd party partitioning tool to delete all partitions and retry it? also does your system have a recovery partion or is it cd/dvd based?

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back