Problem Syncing Ipod off of external hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY SPECS:

I have an 80g Ipod Classic and Itunes 9 installed on a Lenovo Thinkpad PC.

I have all of my music on an external hard drive. I keep my external hard drive plugged in at all times. I made sure to specify the external hard drive in the Itunes Media Folder Location window. Itunes shows all of my music and plays all of my music.

MY PROBLEM:

When I plug my Ipod into the USB, my computer recognizes it for a second (H and then it disappears. However, my computer did recognize it once, and it began to sync the Ipod with the Itunes but stopped after only a few songs. It told me it could not sync because the file or directory is "corrupted or unreadable."

So, essentially I have two problems. My computer won't recognize my Ipod and it won't sync once it does.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

I have tried restarting the Ipod, restarting the computer, changing the USB drives, and plugging my Ipod in in disc mode.

Thanks in advance!

I got the same problem before and found why. You may be plugging both on the same side port where I notice on my PC when I put my external and my Ipod or Pen Drive the second that is connected won't be detected or is detected for one or two seconds.

You may try to connect it on the other side and if it does not work you may have to copy you music to you PC then put it to your Ipod. For me connecting External HDD on the back of my PC and Ipod on the Front works well but I don't know if it will do the same for diffrent side on laptop.

Unfortunately . . .

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've tried this and it hasn't worked. I'm trying to avoid putting my music onto my computer and then onto my Ipod. So frustrating . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back