Problem use software Armoury crate

black20

Hi
Does CPU have a problem according to the photo ?
11.jpg
Fan only works in Full speed mode
Does not work in three other modes
12.png
I am thankful with your guidance

First things first -- is the CPU fan plugged into the header on the motherboard, labeled CPU_FAN?

First things first -- is the CPU fan plugged into the header on the motherboard, labeled CPU_FAN?
Hello

Yes,the connection was correct.

Until a few days ago, there was no problem and it was easily set to any mode I chose and the fan sound changed. Recently, this problem has appeared.
I bought the system itself a few months ago and it was not pressured to break down so quickly.

Even now, in the boot settings mode, it shows the fan speed at 800 and 900, which was usually the minimum fan speed in Windows running until a few days ago.
But now, as soon as Windows is running, the speed increases by 500 times

Have you updated the motherboard BIOS recently? In the Q-fan Control section of the BIOS, is the CPU_Fan set to Auto Detect, DC Mode, or PWM Mode?

There is a newer BIOS (v2014) but it's probably not worth updating your system to it just yet. Try setting the CPU_FAN to Auto Detect, rather than PWM Mode, to see if that helps.

There is a newer BIOS (v2014) but it's probably not worth updating your system to it just yet. Try setting the CPU_FAN to Auto Detect, rather than PWM Mode, to see if that helps.
hello
In the previous picture that I posted, it is obvious that the PWM mode for the cpu fan cannot be changed.
Only the fan behind the case has the ability to change its settings, which is set to Auto.

Maybe the new updates have increased the minimum speed of the fan?

If the BIOS is locked to PWM mode, then there are a few things that may be causing the fan speed issue: (1) the motherboard header isn't functioning correctly (unlikely), (2) BIOS is incorrectly reporting the header mode (also unlikely), (3) Asus Armoury Crate is bugged (quite likely).

It might be worth trying another piece of software, to see if you can override what Armoury Crate is doing -- SpeedFan is free and very small, so it's quick to install and use:

It has to be said that while Asus make some excellent products, its software is routinely awful -- pretty to look at, but very bloated and clunky. The fact that you need a separate application just to uninstall Armoury Crate is not a good sign.

It has to be said that while Asus make some excellent products, its software is routinely awful -- pretty to look at, but very bloated and clunky. The fact that you need a separate application just to uninstall Armoury Crate is not a good sign.
Hi
Thank you for your time

I'm not sure, but Armory Crate doesn't seem to be working properly, the fan speed setting in this program has four modes, since the day I posted this topic, the first and second modes (silent and standard) have no difference, and the fan speed is relative to each other. They don't do too much or too little.
Sometimes the third mode (turbo) increases the speed.
But after changing the speed several times with this program, the only mode that works is the last mode (full speed) and it does not reduce the speed.
(I learned from some foreign forums that this program sometimes has bugs in the fan settings)

In this situation, I set the fan speed with the ai suite 3 program, which also has four modes, although the first and second modes are not different and actually have 3 types of speeds, but all three fan speed settings work correctly.

There are only two problems:

1- First, even with the ai suite 3 program, the first and second modes of the fan have the same speed, around 1200.
(Although in the boot environment, the speed is at 800 as before)

2- Second, previously, the fan speed increased as the computer activity increased; But for some time, the automatic fan speed does not increase and it has to be changed manually.

Sorry for taking so long.

I tried the SpeedFan program, I saw the tutorial, but it seems that it doesn't show the fan at all on my system.
And one question: Does Armory Crate change BIOS settings?

I'm not sure, but Armory Crate doesn't seem to be working properly, the fan speed setting in this program has four modes, since the day I posted this topic, the first and second modes (silent and standard) have no difference, and the fan speed is relative to each other. They don't do too much or too little.
Sometimes the third mode (turbo) increases the speed.
But after changing the speed several times with this program, the only mode that works is the last mode (full speed) and it does not reduce the speed.
Full Speed mode does what the name says -- runs at full speed all the time, so it'll never slow down.

You could just uninstall Armoury Crate, and let the BIOS handle the CPU fan speeds. The following video is quite long but goes through the steps pretty well:

Back