Problem with Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxman

Hello tech guys!

I just finished assembling my gaming rig, using the above motherboard, E6750, Ultra 500watt PSU, Corsair 2X1Gb and 80Gb IDE Hitachi, Samsung DVD burner, Ultra Mid-ATX tower, 2 thermaltake fans.

After everything assembled, it won't turn on. First thought, was motherboard. So return and get a replacement from Newegg, still does not work. So second guess is the Ultra PSU, so Ultra send me a replacement and still won't power up. I had built 2 PCs before and never had a problem like this. Any idea what would be wrong with my PC?

I tested the PSU with my other PC and it works fine so my only guess is the motherboard or the casing but I really can't believe if the motherboard is the culprit since I already had a second replacement.

Any help or suggestions to trouble shoot my mobo would be appreciated.

Based on Newegg reviews, some people had problems with this mobo...

Thanks!

Remove/detach every device apart from the RAM, CPU, PSU and motherboard and see if you get a response. If you do, add devices back into the loop slowly until you find the culprit. If you're absolutely positive that everything is fully seated/properly connected, and you're still not getting a response try different RAM and then a different CPU.

You're using stand-offs for the motherboard and it's not being grounded at all right?

*Edit*

Woo, I beat kimsland for once :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back