Problem with Microsoft Office 2007

I suggest re-installing office if you have the installation discs, it would be easier then tracking down the issue. If you are unable to re-install then I suggest getting the information from the log files and attaching those as well.

In the Programs control panel you should be able to repair the installation. You'll need the disks though like computerguy55 said.

What lead up to this issue? Did it ever work after initial installation? Is your copy genuine? - I think I've seen a similar problem occur with a copy of office that had an activation workaround used.

That could be possible, never though of that option SNGX1275, I've never seen an office product used with a work around, only Corporate versions that get deactivated after being pirated.

I know that if you used a specific (won't name names here) activation workaround, and then later bought a license, that things would get all fouled up if you tried to uninstall the pirated copy and reinstall with your legit copy. There is a specific way, with the activation workaround tool, to remove your office to avoid this. I can easily see someone not doing that and then running into problems with their legal copy.

Not saying that is what is happening here by any means, in fact I'm not sure the error is even the same. Rather, I'm just further explaining why I posted what I did in post #3 of this thread.

Not saying that is what is happening here by any means, in fact I'm not sure the error is even the same. Rather, I'm just further explaining why I posted what I did in post #3 of this thread.

Thanks for clarifying. Good to know though incase I ever run into a customer down the road with an issue with Office. Good bit of information to know.

Back