Problem with my new 128MB Memory Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help me resolve my problem with my new 128MB PRETEL Memory Stick. the RAM Drive can be detected but can not be accessed.

i tried to format it using Disk Management, but it cannot be formatted coz the stick was detected as NO MEDIA.

please please please please

i need your help the soonest possible time..

joel

Try going back to Disk management and if the drive is recognized , change the drive letter to something in the middle of the alphabet eg "m"
Then try to Format.
I have seen windows get confused when a newly inserted drive gets a letter like " D or E" and it thinks it's a CDrom

Flash Drive detected but NO MEDIA

i tried your suggestion but still it cannot be formatted. it was detected in disk management but as "NO MEDIA". i assigned a new letter on it but it still doesnt work.

any other suggestions?

please please please

was this stick purchased in a Camera etc? Was it formatted in another device ? Are you using a usb reader or a device incorporated in your machine?
Some devices format to Fat 16 windows will not do that on it's own there is a work around at Microsoft.

You might also try (you never said) upgrading your USB drivers to USB2.0
some devices are only USB 2.0 compliant.... FDisk and Format just like you would any other HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back