Problem with performance on CS1.6 with my new laptop

Hello, I for a very long time have this problem with low performance on CS1.6 with my new laptop.
So I bought an Asus K53SC, that comes with a Intel HD graphics and a Nvidia GeForce 520MX, Win7 Ultimate 64b.
The problem is, I can't play CS1.6 in fullscreen, I have this black bars on the sides, only have 3 different resolutions to choose, and I think the GT520MX is not "launching" when I open CS1.6, because I can't get good performance, I have like ~50fps max and some textures degradation.
Every game else that I have (Warframe,D3,LoL,BLR) is working perfectly fine, just CS1.6 that is not working correctly.
My screen resolution is 1366x768, at 60Hz.
i5-2430M CPU @ 2.4GHz
4GB Ram
DX11

I would really apreciate some help because CS1.6 is my alltime favorite game and the first game I bought, and I would like to play it to its fullest.

Thanks.

You need to choose 16:9 as the aspect ratio. This will show up with more resolution choices.

If you have vertical sync turned on, you'll be limited to 60fps too.

So I can now select lots of resolutions and the game is starting to be the way I wanted, but theres still a problem. It keeps lauching with the Intel HD and not the Nvidia, so im still not getting my 100fps and my fps are all over the place, but mostly in the house of the 40-60.
Need some help with this.

Thanks.

You will probably need to boot into bios and disable integrated graphics and enable your Nvidia card as the primary.

You will probably need to boot into bios and disable integrated graphics and enable your Nvidia card as the primary.
And maybe disable turbo boost while your at it (dont do this if you use your laptop on battery)..

How would turbo boost disabled have an adverse effect on battery life?
Turbo boost works this way: When you are doing less strenuous tasks, it uses the lower clock speed, but as tasks become more strenuous the clock speed rises. I notice that when I have turbo boost on during gameing my clock speeds stay mainly at the highest but sometimes fluctuate. I use it as a desktop replacement so I don't know how much it effects battery but that is why the technology was created.

Turbo boost works this way: When you are doing less strenuous tasks, it uses the lower clock speed, but as tasks become more strenuous the clock speed rises. I notice that when I have turbo boost on during gameing my clock speeds stay mainly at the highest but sometimes fluctuate. I use it as a desktop replacement so I don't know how much it effects battery but that is why the technology was created.

OK, I understand it differently. I think what you're referring to is the Windows power profile, or just general CPU behaviour.

Turbo boost can exceed the rated clock rate of the CPU when the TDP allows it to. So, if there's something heavily using one thread and the CPU is cool enough, the clock speed is increased. On-the-fly overclocking almost.

At least, that is my understanding. :)

OK, I understand it differently. I think what you're referring to is the Windows power profile, or just general CPU behaviour.

Turbo boost can exceed the rated clock rate of the CPU when the TDP allows it to. So, if there's something heavily using one thread and the CPU is cool enough, the clock speed is increased. On-the-fly overclocking almost.

At least, that is my understanding. :)
Hmm much more sophisticating than I thought lol. Maybe I am thinking of Turbo boost version 1... version 2 may have changed. Let me read about it.
Update: You are right my friend - http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...ology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html

Back