Problem with playing any game, crashes and vpu rocover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpsteady_bl

So, I have posted with this problem before. I have a one year old motherboard with a 18 moth old ATI 8500le AGP 128MB video card.

Here are the complete stats:
biostar m7ncd pro bios ver. 1.3
256MB RAM 2700+ typical RAM
ATI Radeon 8500le 128MB AGP 4X
AMD Athlon XP 1900+ Borton Core
1HDD 40GB NTFS
1HDD 60GB NTFS
1CD-RW 52x24x52
1DVD-rom 16x
1 floppy(typical)
everything else is onboard.

I have the CPU running at a lower speed, 1.46Ghtz and I have everything running smoothely. EXCEPT:

I have a few problems...
1st - in windows without anything except typical surfing the net I get a problem where the text will corrupt and scrammble and then VPU will recover eventually and reset to normal. There is an attachment of the pic of this event.
2nd - I will be playing games of whatever kind, rpg's; 1st person; card games, anything graphically intense. In the middle or in the beginning of playing the game(s) the card will stop responding, and it drops to the desktop where the message pops up and says the AGP card has stopped responding please restart to correct this problem. Sometimes during certain games the message that the VPU has recovered and in order to gain full functionality back please reboot.
3rd - sometimes I will get a random restart during gameplay as well, but this is rare.

I have updated the newest drivers on both the ATI card and the Motherboard, I have updated firmware and bios, I have updated to the SP2 and back again and still no luck on the solution to this problem. PLEASE HELP?!?!?

Thanks,
William

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.JPG
    New Bitmap Image.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 7
Did you install the VGRAT drivers for your card since you have a Nvida based chipset you might need too..

Let us know

VGRAT drivers for nvidia based system? What are these I shall llok them up, but I have never heard of them! Thanks for the speeding response dude....thanks
will

i searched for about 30 minutes and cannot find anything about vgrat drivers...I do have teh whql drivers installed and they are the newest mobo and newest ati drivers, still have problems...really mad too i have 400 dollars worth of games including world of warcraft which runs for all of 2 seconds before it crashes and I have Halo too and it works well for like 4 minutes then lags really hard for like 2 minutes then bombs...Help?

thanks
will

well i looked on the net and in all my drivers files for my mobo, but i cant find the driver you are talking about, however teh only thing even remotley close is a driver called a GART driver which is the AGP driver I believe, or the graphic IGP controller, I am not sure on that aspect of it, however I downloaded a supposed fix from the net called game gain, which is suppose to optimise the memory and speeds and such, for games...worked realy good on all my other computers, in the past but since i optimised teh VGA speeds and such for that ati card the computer in question has become more unstable and so I recovered all previous settings and it is back to the way it was still cant play halo, and or anyother game....although I can play quake 3 amazingly enough, in openGL which I think UT2k4 is not openGL, but I am not sure, I was wondering if it is the cards ability to do direct 3D or software rendering? ANYLUCK???

lol
sorry man this issue will make me crAzy!!!! before it is over....

well back to reinstalling OS's on my hard boxes...lol

Hello again

update you motherboard chipset drivers gart and vgart same thing the new chipset drivers are on Nivida site.. As for your ATI card they are very picky will will need to uninstall all the drivers from add and remove programs as well as the registery entries. Get a program called nasty file remover this removes all ATI and Nivida drivers you can get nasty file remover here rinstall the ATI drivers anyones but the version 5 as for unreal I play it full bore with everythign set high but I have a Nvidia card

Well the idea about removing all known files for a particular hardware was a bright one, I removed all for the ATI video Card and the Nvidia motherboard, then installed the fresh copies and well it seems to be doing the job, well I have not seen any problems, which is the way it is when I fresh install windows, so maybe it fixed it or maybe it will mess up again in a day or 3 but if it does then I will simply get another MOBO and Vid card, which I plan on doing sometime anyway, but for now i will deal....thanks...
will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back