Problems installing RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthKirby

I'm trying to install some more RAM into my emachines T1220. My computer came with 128MB PC133 SDRAM. I'm trying to replace it with 2 things of Mushkin 256MB PC133 SDRAM.

I take out the current RAM and put in the Mushkin RAM. I turn the computer on, and the monitor doesn't turn on. The computer makes a series of beeps (1-3-3-1) at that's it. I've tried putting in just one Mushkin RAM instead of both, but I get the same problem. My dad found me a list of BIOS beeps and their meanings, and it says that 1-3-3-1 is for "Autosize DRAM", but I have no idea what that means.

When I put back the 128MB the computer came with, it all works fine. Anyone know what I can do to get my new RAM to work, or what "Autosize DRAM" means?

I guess it means your computer doesn't support two-sided memory modules or 128M module is the biggest it can handle. You should check from manual if you have one ;)

I'm not sure if eMachines uses their own branded MB or not. You might try to determine who manufactured the MB to see if there are additional restrictions on the RAM.

C

Known memory issues

Hello,

I have a simmilar problem, I am attempting to replace my 2 128 sticks with two 256 K sticks. I have noticed some issues with the workstation hanging at times, and pulling the plug is the only resolution. According to Emachines, Kingston Memory is incompatible. I have noticed issues with attempting to run two sticks of memory regardless of amount 128 or 256. or 256 with 128. Continuing to test, I fear that I can only use one memory bank. Of course Emachies does sell a brand of memory but, with 'brand lables" well you pay more. Hope that helps. Oh, for the 1220 modle 512 is the max ram, 256 each stick.

what kind of computer do you have and how much memory does your bios support? pc 133 is older thus meaning you have an older computer possibly p3 of p2 running at 600mhz or slower? just because you have three memory slots doesnt mean you can hold however much memory you want to put into your computer. maybe get a 16 32 or 64 meg chip and try installing that first. also you may want to make sure that the memory is in the correct place. your slots should be numbered for your memory 1,2,3 or 3,2,1 from closest to farthest from your cpu. generally i put the largest chip closest to the processor and the smallest away from it. for your machine it could be either way though im not sure. youll just have to check and see trial and error

wait so its possible for a computer not to support upgradeing ram. IF THATS TRUE i hope its not the same for me. I have a brand new compaq presario. that takes ddr sdram pc 3200 please please let my new ram work

I have an eMachines t-1220 1.2 Ghz celeron pentium, two slots for ram. I checked with eMachines and the unit supports 512 total ram, 256 sticks each. I have other sticks of ram, and have been playing the swap-a roo game, no dice.

I have a similiar Presario and had tech support install some new values which helped the preformance of the new stick. I added the second of my 512 to give me the Gig that maxes out my computer. but can't remember how to up the values for system cache. Can someone help?

help

hey,
I'm new here but I was wondering what kind of memory I should get for my E-Machine T1220 I want to get 512 memory but I can't find any. help please...

1gb problem

Hi..Im hoping you guys could help me..a few days ago i purchased 1GB DIMM DDR RAM, PC3200, 400mhz, 184 pin..as I slot the ram in the computer on its own the computer boots up to the screen were it says 'boot from last known good configuration' and when I click it, the computer reboots, abit like a loop, I then tried the RAM in my dads PC which can handle over 3 gb of RAM again the PC loops but if I put my 512MB of RAM in with the 1GB, the computer triggers the alarm in the PC..I have absolutly no idea what may be causing this problem, I hope you guys have got some good news for me :D..

Hugemongarse..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back