Problems once I installed xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnym

I got this free laptop its the asus X58L series

It camw with vista on it but it made the laptop very very slow so i decided to put xp on it. I have just finished installing it and now i cannot access the inter net on it. I turn on the wireless and nothing happens its as though the laptop doesnt have a wireless adapter anymore. It worked before i wiped it. And i visited the asus drivers website to try and sown the wireless console utility but there isnt an available download for this model of the laptop which is.

Any suggestions? its really annoying me now

This exact same thing happened to my mates pc aswell. He had vista on it and installed xp instead and then the wireless stopped woorking. I dont wanna go out and but a usb wireless adapter like he did though

It seems that now that Vista has become widely available and the ability to sell Windows XP is about to be cut, manufacturers are no longer creating driver sets for a XP based OS. It's a waste of money and time for them when their hardware is only placed into new machines that are Vista only from the store. So I that leaves you with only limited options, either reload Vista which I'm sure you don't want to do, or buy a XP compatible wireless adapter. There is probably a large chance that you could find an older Mini-PCI Wireless adaptor to replace the internal one currently in your machine, so you wouldn't have to deal with the USB piece getting in your way.

Jerm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back