Problems upgrading to Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

beerabuser30

So I have 4 computers with Vista 64. I upgraded 3 to Windows 7. The fourth will not do it. I get The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

"You can’t upgrade 64-bit Windows to a 32-bit version of Windows. To upgrade, obtain a 64-bit version of the installation disc, or go online to see how to install Windows 7 and keep your files and settings.

32-bit Windows cannot be upgraded to a 64-bit version of Windows. To upgrade, obtain a 32-bit version of the Windows installation disc. "

I know this OS is 64 bit for the heck of it I tried to do it 32 bit as well and I get the same answer. Any ideas?

I don't think you can upgrade a Windows 32-bit to Windows 64-bit or vice versa. You'll need to perform a clean install which requires reformatting the drive...Good luck

It is 64 bit and I tried upgrading straight to 64 bit. It says it cant though. If I have to do a clean install how can I keep my music tags for itunes? I have 30k songs and several drives from all sorts of sources. Redoing all my stuff would be a pain. That is why I just want to upgrade but it just wont let me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back